Friday, August 7, 2009

August Update...


August started off here with weather in the 100's. Needless to say, I was NOT enjoying myself. I grew up in the Seattle area, where even on warm summer days, it is tolerable. In the part of the state I live in now, when the hot days come, usually in July, I retreat to my central air conditioned house. I do not enjoy walking outside into what feels like a sauna. I feel like I can barely breathe in all that heat. It is no fun. Yesterday the weather decided to cool off drastically, and I walked out on my front porch, took in a big breath of fresh air, and had a HUGE smile on my face. I can play outside again!!! So today, I plan on spending time in the garden. I will be looking for watermelon, corn on the cob, green beans, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and more.
I finished canning peaches the other day, and fell down on the couch exhausted! Jeff stayed up making strawberry-peach jam! Yum! It turned out so good.
Today I will also spend some precious time with the baby, as well as clean house. We are getting ready for some big painting projects here on top of everything else I am trying to do.
M got to go to a sewing camp a few weeks ago, and she made some very cute things. Sewing is something she loves, and I can tell the Lord has put this gift in her. She is very motivated to learn to sew, and it seems to come easy to her. A sweet friend invited us over earlier in the week, and she made the cutest little dress with M. It is almost finished, and when it is, I will take a picture and put it on here. With the baby being here, I haven't quite figured out how to work on any of my crafting projects yet, but it will come!
I hope everyone is enjoying thier last few weeks of summer...I am so looking forward to fall, my favorite time of the year!

2 comments:

Handwoven Dreams said...

I am glad things are going well for all of you! Things will settle in and you will find time to craft. It always takes me a little bit of time to find my rhythm too! It is always good to read your posts!

Calico Sky said...

OOoh Autumn is my favourite time of year too, especially the colours in North America!!

You know I'm terrible at crafts, I wish it was free to fly, I'm sure you could teach me a lot over a weekend :D