Monday, September 3, 2012

A meeting!

On Wednesday we meet the bio parents of our foster sibling set. I have seen them once in court, but they didn't know who I was. The Dept. has set up the meeting quickly, and I am pleased. We will at least know how the bio father will respond. If he listens and hears what we want to offer, he should hear the benefits in this plan. After all, they have already lost their rights at the termination trial, we do not have to offer them anything, but feel this is now the best for everyone. I just hope he sees that and doesn't let his pride stand in the way. I don't have a plan B, so I hope he has some openness, and sees how much this will benefit everyone in the long run. We will find out soon...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Thank you so much for sharing what you're experiencing. My husband and I have just start the foser/adoption process. It's good to know all of the things that can come up.

Erin said...

Hi, thank you for sharing all the details, it is so wonderful to be able to see all the things that go into being a foster parent. My husband and I hope to foster/adopt some day as well-waiting on the lord! Praying for bio dad, that God would soften his heart and that you would be able to finalize the adoption! You are welcome to come check out our blog www.heritageharbourhomestead.blogspot.com