Sunday, February 5, 2012

A confession...

I always hated Super bowl Sunday. I remember as a child always getting in the car and heading over to some friends house for the big game. I never liked football, still don't. All the kids would run around trying to entertain themseleves while the adults did whatever it was they did while watching the game. I was always bored out of my mind. I was never into it. I don't get it. I don't enjoy watching sports on t.v. Actually, I don't enjoy watching sports of any kind, lol! I cannot seem to find the time for things like that. There is so much more to do. I cannot justify parking myself in front of a t.v. to yell at a bunch of guys running around a field when I have, like, 1,001 other things to do. And who cares who wins? That won't affect my life in any way. Maybe I take things too seriously? I don't know. Maybe I could join in, cheer on, and eat all the junk food. No. Then I would regret that I used this day to eat terrible, unhealthy food. Maybe it seems anti-social. I'm okay with that. Maybe it's just that my passions are much different-way different than team sports.

And to think I married a sports nut, who lives and breathes basketball, football, and golf. Crazy. Well, thankfully it's only one day out of the year. :)