Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blueberries, bread, and weight loss...


We went blueberry picking a few weeks ago. It has become a tradition here. We have a very nice blueberry farm nearby, and the blueberries are amazing there! They have many varieties. We ate them for days, but mostly froze them to use throughout the year. Blueberries are some of the healthiest foods we can eat...they are packed with nutritional goodness! Mmmm! (That's not us in the photo, above, but you know who you are!)

Periodically, I will update my weight loss progress. I weigh in each tuesday, and as of today, I am down a total of 6 lbs! I had a couple of more challenging weeks, being out of town at conferences, and camping up in the mountains last weekend, but I am back on track. I am so glad I am doing this, and I am going to press on no matter what tries to get in my way!

With harvest season here, I will soon have lots of produce and fruit. We live in fruit country. It is very warm here, and fruit trees are in abundance. I love my veggies, though, and Jeff has been hard at work in the garden. We should have a lot to harvest in the upcoming weeks. I hope to do some canning this year, and we are going to invest in a food dehydrator. One of my goals for this fall is also to start baking my own bread on a weekly basis. I am excited! I am going to start practicing, because making homemade bread is not something I have much experience with. I also want to try a few healthy, whole grain recipes, because I will not touch white flour! Yuck! No nutritional value at all! This is a great season to also begin taking charge of bad eating habits, because there is so much fresh, delicious, healthy produce available....the possibilities are endless.




5 comments:

Katy said...

Congrats on the weightloss!!! That is awesome! And I love to pick berries!!! :)

Thanks so much for your wonderful comment on my blog post!!! I am sooo glad you visited!!! :)

Ronda said...

I have a friend that raves about blueberry picking in WA...looks fun. Keep up the weight loss because losing weight is tough.

Alyson and Ford said...

Congrats on your healthy eating! We love blueberries too - my favorite for Blueberry Buckle, pie and I add them to my Strawberry Shortcake (sprinkle all over after assembling).
Yummy and so much fun!
Thanks for visiting our blog!
Alyson
LID 01/27/06
DOR 08/12/08

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tradition!!!

CONGRATS on the weight loss, that is fabulous! Well done you!!

Unknown said...

Fresh fruit picked as a family activity -- could anything be better? :-)

Your blog colors and header are beautiful! Thanks for your comment and welcome anytime.