Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yummy Candles!!!

I am spending some free time tonight looking online for candles. I love candles! I love to have them burning all throughout the house. I love the warm glowing look of them, the scents, the diverse types and styles there are. I love the grubby ones, the bakery style, votives, tealights, and jar candles. I just love candles! They come in every scent you can imagine, and of course, I love the food scented ones best, like Grandmas apple pie, spice cake, carmel pecan sticky bun, vanilla, and warm cinnamon buns. I would even love to make my own candles some day. I was looking at so many of these candles tonight, that I found my mouth watering. I got so hungry that I was fantasizing about eating a huge cinnamon roll with warm icing ooozing down the sides. Mmmmm! I couldn't take it any more, I ran to the kitchen and made myself a mug of hot cocoa with mini marshmallows! That helped...now I am off to find some to actually order. I am thinking that the soy candles might be best, they are said to be healthier to burn, and most people use cotton wicks, which is better too. I also love that I can get them from people that are making them at home, so I can support someone who has their own little business. Oh, and if you know of any that you love, please leave a comment or email me, and share!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle...I love candles too!!!! That is why I sell some of the most beautiful and greatest smelling candles on the market! I cordially invite you to visit my site:http://www.delightfulscentedcandles.com.

Martha

plain*worker*primitives said...

Well, I'm starving to death just reading that post! And it isn't even about food! lol

I like the food scented candles the best too cinnamon bun is my all time favorite. Come over I have an award for you plus a giveaway, my first!

Melissa

L~ said...

Have you seen the electric melters?
I don't burn candles anymore (asthema) this thing works really well, they sell them at Michaels & Joanns!
Sit the jar on there & it melts & smells great, candles last forever!

xoxoL~

Kevjoemcg said...

Michelle,
When Deb and I were on our Honeymoon we stopped off at a place I had visted in the past. The Pocono candle company in Pennsylvania. I love this place. The smells and colors are amazeing. Every year I order my mother their Anise candle,she loves them. You can find them on the web at
http://www.poconocandle.com/

Check them out.I highly suggest checking them out.