Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Only two more days...



Only Two days left on this Awesome campaign!!! Can you spare a few dollars to help children come home?? I really hope they make it to their goal, this is such a great cause! Click on the link above.

I have been thinking a lot about this lately, and how we as christians should be stepping out and supporting our fellow brother's and sister's in the cause for the orphan. There are so many things we can do, like support them financially, even if it is just a little-it all adds up, pray for these families, help them wit fundraisers, offer childcare, etc., etc. There is also a new ministry through a church in my state that is helping people bring as many foster children into christian homes by casting a vision to the church's, and showing them that it is a responsibility of all of us to help, as this is what the Lord tells us to do. They are doing things like helping families build rooms onto their homes to offset costs, so that they have more room for more children that need a place to belong. They speak at church's and share the importance of getting involved in such an important cause. They teach the church to be an entire body of support. How can we look away? How can we not help? These are little children, through no fault of their own, have been left without families to love and care for them. The need is great, and it is not only orphanages across the world where kids are in need, but right in our own backyards.
So many people think that adoption is just for those with infertility issues. This is not the case. The Bible clearly states that it is our responsibility to care for orphans. From a very young age, somehow this was something I knew I must do. It wasn't something I learned in church, and it wasn't something I was told to do. It was something I knew the Bible said. I can clearly remember early in ny marriage looking at myself in the mirror one day and knowing this is what I would do. Two international adoptions, and 2 foster babies later, here I am. For us, this is normal. For us, this is the way it should be, and for us, it is the most blessed life. My prayer is that more and more people will open up to the possibilities of building families in these ways. You will be so glad you did.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Such wise words! You know, I think it's like my trip, we need to focus on orphan care, not just our own adoptions, we need to get the balance right it isn't about us, it's about them! Thanks for being such a shining example!!!