Sunday, August 21, 2011

Homeschool Planning!


Every year about this time, I am deep in my homeschool planning. I do wait until the last minute, but it always seems to work. I get really excited about all that we have to learn and look forward to all year. This year is no exception. I am always so thankful for this gift to be able to homeschool my children. I am overwhelmed by the amount of wonderful curriculum that is out there, and the ability we have as homeschooling parents to pick and choose what best suits each individual child. That is one of the best things about homeschooling. Your children are not subjected to the institionalized public schooling, but they get to learn and grow using tools and approaches that best meet their needs. The most wonderful thing I have seen so far is that my children LOVE to learn. I cannot say that about myself. I hated school growing up. I didn't love learning at all. Another perk is that I am learning right along with my children! I have some fun plans this year, and some of the curriculum we are adding this year is going to be excellent, I know it already! Add to that the co-ops and activities we are planning and it is lining up to be one VERY full year. In my next post I am going to share all that we are doing for our upcoming homeschool year...come back and take a peek!

No comments: