Wednesday, June 18, 2008

An important message on Adoption...

Go Here and read what Courtney shared in a very honest and transparent post titled "Things no one ever told me" that I fully agree with. We too, share a similar story, as we adopted an older child from russia a few years back. If you have adopted an older child, and are struggling, read this. If you have not, read it anyway. Many people that have never adopted an older child with a significant trauma history may not be able to fully comprehend what it is like, but this post will help. There may be someone in your life that is hurting just like she explains, and the reality is, it is very hard for these families to reach out to others for help, as the issues are so extreme, and the grief, hopelessness, and despair is so deep. My prayer is that this post will help those that read this in more ways than one.

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Thanks for the link-I did click over and read it. Good reminder about parenting and adoption. I was glad to read that the age of adoption was of little significance-like we have be told-I have worried about adopting Ella at the age of four, but she has done remarkable. I waiting for the teenage years to end before I call it a success.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What a great story and inspiration! She is one busy gal!! It took us about a year to ge pregnant with our second child. When we were weren't getting pregnant, we seriously considered adopting from the foster program. There are so many children "in the system" waiting to be adopted. :( So sad. But God answered our prayers and we were pregnant with Taran. 2 is enough for me but I think about those children daily needing a home. :(

I'm so glad you like your prims!! And they got their in one piece. :) Have a great day!