Sunday, June 14, 2009

Farm Chicks!

Here is a photo from the trip to Spokane I took last weekend to the Farm Chicks sale! I was supposed to go away with the family to the lake for the weekend, but remembered I have a baby lamb to feed and I can't be away from home for too long. So, I decided to get up bright and early, bottle feed Molly, and then hop in the car and head out to the Farm Chicks! I wasn't looking forward to the drive, but it wasn't that bad! I got there 1/2 hour before it opened and there were already hundreds of people in line! Once I got in line, I met some of the people around me, and if you think I'm crazy, the people in front of me flew all the way in from New York to go to the Farm Chicks, and another couple next to them drove from Montana. Then, the people behind me were from California! On my way out, I met a group of teen girls that drove all through the night to get there from Oregon. The farm Chicks have become very popular over the years, especially after being featured in Country Living magazine. I went to their show a few years ago, and have always wanted to go back. This time it was even bigger and better! There were over 160 booths of farmgirl antiques, and handmades. I was in heaven! Here are the treasures I came out of the show with, including the cute little red wagon:
I love it all! The old green kitchen scale-I have been wanting to replace my black one-so it's up for sale if anyone wants it! Then, I got the rusty lamb garden art at the last minute, love her! I also got some bird nests and eggs, from one of the coolest vendors, and an old rabbit feeder planter that is grungy and farmgirl perfect! I also got a buttercup plant, and a green chippy paint shelf I will put in my bedroom after I re-do it soon! All in all, it was a wonderful time, and 4 hours of fun for me! I will definately be there next year!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Sounds like lots of fun!