Saturday, June 11, 2011

Nature at it's best...lined with sheep's wool!!!


If you have read this blog long, you may remember this , a birdnest we found in a very unlikely place. Well this year, we have found some interesting ones as well, and one in a very special little spot! We have many trees all around our property, with lots of birds, which I love. Take a look at my front porch wreath:


Do you see a birdnest there??? Let's take a closer look:



Yes, tucked in behind, built right up against the house, a tiny nest with 5 little blue eggs! AND...the amazing thing is, it is lined with some of Molly, my sheep's, wool! How cool is that???

The other day, we were out in the yard and saw this...


It appeared to be some more of Molly's wool streaming out from a hole in a little tree. When I climbed up on a bench to peek inside, this is what I found:


A bigger nest than the one in the wreath, this one cushioned with lots and lots of Molly's wool, so much so, it's coming out of the tree, still attached to the nest like thread coming off a spool. What a beautiful, natural, creation of nature! I am in awe of how God created even tiny little birds with the skill above and beyond even something I could come up with!

2 comments:

Valerie McClintick said...

oh so pretty! I long for a bird to nest in our yard!!!

:( Valerie

Dalyn said...

love it!! I have wool all over! One of my sheep is a hair sheep, so she shed all that stuff out every summer.