Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My first Bento lunches!!!

Here is my very first attempt at a Bento lunch. Above you have roasted chicken and cheddar on pita bread, carrot chips, babybel cheese with cheddar chickadee's. The girls absolutely loved this lunch, thought it was very fun and ate every bite!
Here is the second Bento lunch I served up-risotto in the pink cup, celery sticks with hummus, and mini honey ball cookies for dessert. Another success! M doesn't like hummus, but I have it around here a lot, and usually convince her to take a bite or two. With this lunch, she actually ate more than her usual small bites. So, serving up a Bento lunch has proven to make trying something unappealing a little easier somehow!
I don't have the usual Bento supplies yet, like the Bento boxes, and the cute little picks and all, but I am aquiring a few things here and there. Can't wait to expand my Bento skills!
I am teaching a healthy snack preparation class at our homeschool co-op this year, and have decided to teach my class how to prepare thier own Bento lunches. It makes eating healthy fun, and there really are so many ways to prepare these lunches, you can be as creative as you wish. I am planning on serving up lunch in this manner to my girls at least 2-3 times a week. It really doesn't take longer to prepare, either.
By the way, my little obsession with Bento all started when I came across this blog, and since then I have found so many other Bento blogs, and have stashed away many delicious and creative ideas!
Have you tried making Bento lunches for your family? If so, please share, I would love to see your creations!!!

No comments: