Monday, April 7, 2008



Lot's has been happening here...so I thought I'd bring ya all up to date! First of all, the weekend before last, Dalyn and I spent two glorious days here:

We were on an adoptive mom's retreat up in the mountains, and it snowed the entire weekend! It was beautiful! Here is what we were looking at all weekend:


It was a wonderful time of encouragement, fellowship, and good food! The owners were a sweet christian couple who spent 20 yrs building this place, for the purposes of providing a sanctuary to those doing God's work. The adoptive mom's we met came from all walks of life, young and old. Some were new to adoption, some were fostering to adopt, some had adopted domestically, some internationally, and some from all over the world. Some were there speaking the truth about what they had gone through with older child adoptions, which was such a good thing. Some of the moms were really hurting, others were there to offer encouragement, and to share in the joys of adoption. The Lord knew all of the people He would bring together there that weekend, and it worked out beautifully. It was such a blessing. I am even more inspired to continue to keep my heart open to adoption, and bringing more of the children God has for us, home.
Then, this weekend, we were blessed yet again! I will save that for the next post since it is getting quite late, so check back soon!























4 comments:

Gen said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for stopping by my blog. Thought I'd check yours out. What a wonderful retreat and experience. I'll be checking back soon to see what you're up to.

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you! So happy to find your blog, it's done nicely and love the photos!

Tereasa said...

That's not nice! You can't drop a hint like that and leave us hanging.

I would have loved to have gone to that retreat. It sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have went. It sounds awesome!!!