Sunday, July 13, 2008

The pleasures of summer...

Love and peace rose, one of my favorites, and it's doing well this year.
This was one of my favorite early summer projects. I love how it turned out. I did two pots like this that sit at the bottom of the porch stairs.
We spend a lot of time out on our front porch. We had it built on to our old farmhouse about 5 yrs. ago. It was the best decision we have ever made regarding our house. It truly is another room extended from the house. Here's Miranda coloring while sitting out in the early morning sun. We also like to have tea parties and eat dinner out on the porch.
Meet Candy, who also loves the porch. In fact, he thinks he's king of the front porch. When our friends moved away, they gave him to us. He came with the name, and we kept it. Jeff wanted to name him "Stash" since he appears to have a mustache. He is a fun cat, and he's a daddy now, our other Siamese cat, Winter, gave birth to 4 siamese kittens 2 weeks ago.

Summer is a wonderful time here at our little farm. We hope you are all enjoying the pleasures of summer as well!

3 comments:

day by day said...

Oh, I wish we had a porch. I miss the one we had in our previous home! I agree...it is such a nice place to spend time as a family!

Beautiful flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss your front porch! Such a lovely place for tea or birthday parties.

Look at Candy! A daddy now huh? Personally, I like Jeff's name better. We talk of Candy often around here...he has a niece that looks just like him! We often tell little Snowy (named after her Great-Grandma, ya know ;) how much she looks like Uncle Candy.

Thanks for sharing pics. We miss you.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

There's nothing like a porch, that's for sure! We have a new sunporch which I am really enjoying this summer!

~ Tammy ~