Friday, September 10, 2010

Birth parent search analysis


I recently found out about a birth parent search analysis you can order for your adopted child from China. I ordered one, and should get my analysis in a few weeks. It is an analysis of many factors surrounding your child's abandonment, location, number of other children found in the area, and orphanage. It is used to determine how fruitful a birthparent search may be for your child in their future.
I thought this was an important piece of information to gather. When our children from china are teens they may have many questions. They may want to search for birth parents just like many adoptees do here. More and more china adoptees are doing birthparent searches, and by the time L is at an age where she may choose to search, it might even be an easier task. I think having this information on hand will be important to have if she does ever come to us asking for help in searching. I also think it is important to do this now as the information gathered could get lost the longer we wait, or the service could possibly end.

3 comments:

Tereasa said...

I think this is a very good idea. I have often thought of beginning a search on Sam's behalf. It is hard to know what to do in the case of abandonment. I look forward to hearing what the analysis produces!

Jill said...

Wow! What a cool thing! Do you mind me asking where you did this and how much it cost?
Thanks! Jill

jeanette said...

I had no idea you could even do this. What service or site did you use?