Monday, September 6, 2010

Simple pleasures of fall...

I love fall, and look forward to it every year when mid-summer temps here are in the upper 90's and low 100's. I dream of crisp, chilly weather, picking pumpkins in the garden, and decorating my home with warm fall colors.

It's here! The weather has cooled. I went out to pick some blackberries and tomatoes in our garden this morning. The sun is out, but the crispness in the air tells me it's my time of the year! Pure heaven!!!

I love walking through the pumpkin farms with my kids, hay rides, crunchy piles of leaves in the yard, and glowing pumpkin spice candles at home. I love fall craft shows, cozy fires, scarecrows, apple picking, and drinking pumpkin lattes with friends.

Fall brings many opportunities for making memories and creating traditions with your family. I am so looking forward to every single day of fall this year, and hope it isn't over too fast.

1 comment:

sweet momma luv u said...

Ah yes, my favorite time of year too! Unfortunately here it is raining all day. I am making a pot of Chille and cornbread for dinner though.

It is just one of those days where you can to curl up and read. I always snuggle with Jon Jon when it is his nap time.... I love our time together. It is hard to believe he has been home for 6 months!

Have a blessed day!
Jody