Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be aware!

Do you know that the UK, and Australia no longer recommend flu vaccine for children birth-age 5? The reason? Children were having convulsions, seizures, etc.
http://www.politicolnews.com/flu-vaccine-stops-in-australia/

These contries changed their recommendations months ago. Did the US learn anything from them? No, until just recently, I saw this article:

http://children.webmd.com/news/20110120/flu-vaccine-infant-febrile-seizures-reported

Now the same thing is happening here. I told our pediatrician about it and she wasn't even aware.

Here, they look at you funny if you mention that you may not want this for your child. They draw up the vaccine without even asking your opinion. Wow. How many parents just sit back and allow this? How many parents out there are not informed? These days it is not hard at all to do some research. It took me 5 min. to find the above articles, and I have many more supporting them, saying the exact same thing. Our pediatrician, although I love her, and think she really cares about the health of children, told me she only listens to the american medical assoc. What about looking broadly at what is happening in the world, all around the globe, and learning something from them as well? Why won't they fully inform themselves? These are questions I am asking myself, and shaking my head at...I just don't get it.

No comments: