Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Update on Lilyann

Thank you so much for all your prayers!!! I was at the hospital with her all day, and they want to keep her another night, so I will be going back to spend the night.

Jeff started getting sick about a week ago. He never calls in sick to work, but ended up calling in last thurs and friday, so I knew it was bad. By Saturday, Miranda, Lilyann, and I all had fevers, and flu symptoms. It wasn't a stomach flu, but all the other symptoms, severe aches, chills, high fever, coughs. We were keeping the girls fevers down pretty well with Motrin. At one point on Sunday Lilyann spiked a 104 temp. She was trembling and her lips turned blue. We got the fever down and she got her pink color back. Then last night the same thing happened. She was somewhat non responsive, trembling, and she had purple lips and hands, poor thing!! I called our on call Dr., and he said we needed to take her to the ER. I thought so too, because purple lips mean there is a lack of oxygen somehow. So, since I was still so sick, and Jeff is getting better, he took her in. They did some tests and a chest X ray and said she has pneumonia. They have her on an IV. They are concerned since we have no background on her but the fact that she was a preemie and 3 lbs the day she was found, the day of her birth. Her lungs could be quite compromised due to the prematurity.

I am hoping to bring her home tomorrow and nurture her back to health! She just wants to be held. She is still eating and drinking just fine though! I am optimistic that she will be getting well soon. Thanks again for all the prayers!

7 comments:

keelstar said...

Oh Michelle, I just checked your blog tonight and saw your posts about Lilyann! I hope and pray that your entire family is healed quickly and that Lilyann is released from the hospital soon! Blessings, Keely

Alyson and Ford said...

Glad to hear all is getting better - what a scary week!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Handwoven Dreams said...

Oh Michelle, Bless your hearts! Thank you for the update. I hope you all feel better soon and that Lilyann is able to come home tomorrow. We will continue to pray.

Take care,
Betsy

junglemama said...

Bless her heart! Sending prayers your way.

jeanette said...

OH goodness Michelle-I'll be praying! Rebecca was in the hospital for pneumonia when she was about 20 mo. old too-no fun...praying for a quick recovery and no lasting effects from this!

Tereasa said...

I hear so much strength in your post, but I can imagine that you had some fear during this time. I know your little one is so precious. I pray that she can get back to walking and giggling soon!

Anonymous said...

We just got over the flu here. YUCK! I am sorry!