Friday, January 22, 2010

A post I've been dying to write!

Years ago I attended a conference on something that ended up being so valuable and important, I ended up teaching a conference on it myself! So, it has been a few years, but I continuously run into people that don't know the importance about what I am going to start talking about, so I really wanted to start sharing it here. To begin, I have a few questions...

Did you know that the violence on t.v. is training your children?

Did you know that too much screen time (t.v., computer, hand held video screens) can be damaging to your child's developing brain?

Did you know that too much t.v. can be considered a deprived environment for your child??

Many parents allow their t.v. to be on all day long, and they often don't screen what their children watch. If you were interviewing someone to babysit your child, would you hire someone that is saying and doing the things you are seeing on t.v?

These are some questions and thoughts to ponder, I will be back soon to share the information I learned, and have not forgotten from this conference I attended at least 10 years ago. There is information you will not want to miss, and some will shock you. More very soon!

No comments: