Friday, July 15, 2011

Waiting...


The last couple of weeks have been so busy, I can barely even keep my head on straight. I collapse at the end of the day. There are projects to do...painting inside the house, exterior painting on our barn...ponies to train...toddlers to train...meetings to attend...appts. to make...friends to see...parties to plan...and it is all so much. I have to take time for the Lord...in prayer...before all of this. I have to be diligent in prayer, and seeking His will. I have to be mindful of my time, yet meet all the needs around me. Most of all, above all, keeping Jesus at the forefront.

This can be a challenge. We continue to seek the Lords will and peace regarding baby C's brother. It is a sad situation. We want to do what is right...yet we know we are stretched. Can God stretch us further...and also bring with that the peace that surpasses all understanding? Yes. Will he? We still don't know. I attended an emergency meeting at DCFS yesterday...it was supposed to be to discuss his placement. When I arrived I was informed the aunt was there! The meeting was not about what we were told. It was heated, and security almost had to be called, but finally...things calmed, and issues were addressed. Honestly..I wondered what I was there for, but in the end I realized I have a much clearer perspective of the entire situation. A little boy waits. A life that hangs in the balance. We continue to wait as well. What will the outcome be for this precious child? We should know any day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Michelle - I feel like I am waiting along with you. In full anticipation of what is meant to be in the eyes of the Lord. So glad you were able to get a fuller picture of the situation. May only His will be done. Prayers, ~ Jen

Scrappy quilter said...

I hope it all works out for you. I firmly believe God will give you complete peace in regards to the whole situation. Hugs

Dalyn said...

The Lord will lead you in the right way. Don't do anything out of fear! Or anxiety! I have a new two year old boy. Got him Thursday. I had some serious anxiety about it but after much prayer I just have a great sense of love for this child. Relief! Fostering is not easy, is it my friend? Remember what is really important and of eternal value and go from there sister.

F.L.A.G - Fundamental Learning Academy for Girls said...

God will not give us challenges we can't handle.. hang in there!