Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oh so sweet...

Today was such a special day. Since daddy took big sister to visit a friend, I got to spend the day with Lilyann. She is such a joy. Here she is signing "thank you". She amazes me because she's not even two yet, but she will say thank you at the appropiate times! She is so loving. Today we had fun playing, singing songs, and tickling each other. She loves it when I sing any song to her, and she furiously signs "please" over and over again when I stop singing. She is very animated. She is making great progress in the area of attachment too! The other day I took the girls out to lunch. At the checkout counter, there were a few adults waving and doting over her. She turned and grabbed my leg and squeezed as hard as she could then looked up at me and said "up"! This is a great sign. She is still very friendly and loves to interact with people, but she is learning more about safe boundaries and to stick with her mama!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh she's just so adorable! I can see why everyone makes a big fuss over her :) Glad to hear the attachment is coming along...and yay on the signing!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Lilyann makes my heart melt! What a sweetie.

Thanks for entering my giveaway. It's all in the hands of my 4 year old and almost 1 year old. :) And thank you for the great comments! I will be sure to make children signs! Your saying I will have to make soon! Have a great night!